Frustrated and dejected…
I sat down at my desk. My face became eskew as I thought her words through.
“You’re thinking about it… too much”
Too much? Isn’t this a classroom? Aren’t I being precise? Accuracy, too much?
The papers say one thing. It’s what others told me. But no, it’s not like that.
Follow directions but avoid some precision.
It’s like a magic show. Wave their hand one place when the other is what you should be watching for. They’re petting the rabbit, tucked safe into their hat. Or slipping out the card, they had snuck up their…
Me? Over-thinking things?
How could that even be? When you’re the one grading, with so much precision, that a misplaced colon can take away my A. This colon seems to be 1/100th the point. Such accurate grading… My eyes are rolling now.
What do they really want?
Little automatons. Just pre-programmed robots. Get a job. Pay your tax. And buy the stock market… help the economy.
But notice the good news (if you’re not a robot.)
They don’t want you to think… too much.
But things come when you do… good things.
You catch their little slips… the tricks that change it all.
Don’t do work worth nothing. 0.1%? I’ll pass. Maybe next time.
A bad little robot with a freakish high score.
Lovingly poetic, 😛
Every Journey Starts With A Single Step
If there is one thing I’ve learned in life…
It’s that decisions are about risk.
I’m going to tell you some stuff that sounds pretty crazy.
Want to learn:
- Why You Screwed Up In The Past Because Of The Things They Forced You To Do – And What To Do Instead
- How To Get A Top Score (Even If You’re Failing Assignments Now)
- 5 Biggest Reasons Students Get Bummed And Give Up
- How to prepare for a test so well that test day is easier than studying
- Learn to predict what’s on the test with (almost) perfect accuracy
- How to use the most science-backed study strategy to study in a fraction of the time
That’s the kind of stuff we keep bottled up for people that sign up to our email list. Including tons of members-only articles.
Now let’s get back to decisions…
You can take a chance and sign up for this email list… Or you can never take a shot.
What’s the risk here?